The Mutuals Taskforce has published its report Public Service Mutuals: Next Steps, which highlights the progress and achievements made to date and sets out recommendations for Government to further increase the size and scope of the agenda.
The Mutuals Taskforce was convened in 2011 aiming to engage with, challenge and promote the work of Government to support the creation and development of public service mutuals. To do this, the Taskforce’s membership included leaders with significant experience and expertise in the field:
- Professor Julian Le Grand, London School of Economics (Chair)
- Professor Peter Marsh, University of Sheffield (Vice Chair)
- Stephen Kelly, Crown Commercial Representative, Cabinet Office
- Patrick Lewis, Partners' Counsellor, John Lewis Partnership
- Iain Hasdell, CEO, Employee Ownership Association
- Peter Holbrook, CEO, Social Enterprise UK
- Ed Mayo, Secretary General, Cooperatives UK
- Rachel Wolf, CEO, New Schools Network
- Jo Pritchard, Managing Director, Central Surrey Health
- Donna Fallows, Practice Lead, Evolve YP
The Taskforce plans to reconvene next year to assess the progress of its recommendations.